Navajo Mission 2012
Black Mesa, NM & Window Rock, AZ
Dates July 20th - July 28th
Each year Woodland sends a team to New Mexico to minister at the Navajo Reservation. They work mainly with three organizations: Western Indian Ministries, Forest Lake Baptist Church in Black Mesa, and Rez Refuge. Ministry opportunities include: construction and renovation, distribution of clothing and health care supplies, outreach at local orphanages, and senior craft seminars. Ministry opportunities include: construction and renovation, distribution of clothing and health care supplies, outreach at local orphanages, and senior craft seminars.
Each year, the membership of Woodland comes together as individuals and groups to provide the resources for our Navajo Mission Trip in July. They are crucial as we reach out to the Navajo culture – especially those in Black Mesa. Look over the following list and let us know if you can assist us:
- Sheep: we need money to purchase 8 sheep at 90.00 each for the senior adult women who depend on them for wool to make their blankets.
- Chain Saws, Log Splitter, T Posts: to prepare wood for the elderly women for winter, plus build a sheep coral.
- Set of Double Exterior Doors, Rolling TV Cart, & Basketball Goal: for the Black Mesa Church
- Clothing (new or gently used): jackets, coats, scarves, tennis shoes, work boots, blankets, and thick white socks. Health Care Items: tooth paste & brushes, soaps, 9 Volt and AA batteries, Tylenol type products, Band-Aids, cotton balls, antibiotic ointments, hotel size shampoos, conditioners and lotions, and mouthwash.
- Elderly Packages: Batteries, Shoe Insoles, Bottled Water, Spam, canned chicken, powered milk, ramen noodles, dish towels, bath towels and cloths, sugar, salt, and oven mitts.
- Orphanage Items: We need money for 6 new bicycles at 65.00 each and new or gently used toys and board games for children Birth – Age 10.